Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Farewell Maeve


I was so saddened by the reports of my favorite author, Maeve Binchy's passing.  She has entertained me for so many years and I credit her for my love of reading.  She had a style of writing that could pull me in from the very first sentence.  There were many nights when I just couldn't put her book down.  


My number one search at any second hand store is probably Maeve Binchy novels.  My heart soars when I come across one that I haven't already read.  I am very sorry that there will no longer be future novels to look forward to.  Deeply saddened.  


The world is a less imaginative place without Maeve.  May future generations be blessed by her talents and books as much as I was.

Maeve Binchy~ May 28, 1940- July 30, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment