Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Thrift Shopping

My mom, my daughter and I took a trip to the Salvation Army in Gilroy yesterday.  Let me just say, I have never come home empty handed after visiting that particular store.  It has some really great stuff and some really great deals.  The last few times I had gone it just so happened that I had gone on "50% off everything" days!  Unfortunately yesterday was not one of those days.  I bought 2 tank tops, a shirt for my hubby and 3 books though!

I did want to share a few photos of the furniture that I spied though!  If I already had a house and I had gone on a "50% off furniture" day, you bet I would have taken these pieces home!  A few coats of paint and these babies would have been gorgeous!!!  I apologize for the low quality photos.  I left my camera in the car and was too lazy to walk out and get it! 

The Hall Tree:


Isn't it amazing?  Of course, you have to imagine it painted in a beautiful color, such as turquoise or green!  It would have a similar vibe as this one found at Centsational Girl's blog.


The Armoire:


I thought this armoire would be fabulous if it were spruced up with a nice bright color!  It would make a lovely dresser!


Just put some nice baskets inside for your sweaters and you're in business!

The Computer Desk:


Oh my!  This baby had a charging station, a sliding keyboard holder, a filing cabinet (w/key) and plenty of space for all the needs of a desktop computer, printer, etc.  I think this would have been gorgeous painted any color!


Just close the accordion doors and you have a lovely piece of furniture... with no ugly computer to have to look at!

The Bar/Desk:

This particular piece was my favorite!  My mom said it was a bar, which makes perfect sense.  However, for those of us who have no need for a bar, I think this would have made a wonderful desk!


It doesn't look like much upon first glance, but check out all the bells and whistles!


(Yes, I know I look like a dork in that mirror.)


Don't mind the child inside of the lower cabinets!


Look at that built in organization!  I love it!  Some people love clothing... I love organization "tools!"  


You know it was a quality piece if it's an Ethan Allen!


I guess this is where you would store all the cups, spoons, etc.  My hubby suggested putting cups with art utensils for a child's art station!  Brilliant!

It certainly needed some love.. new paint and new pulls, but I think it would be fabulous after some attention.  I seriously stood in front of it for quite a while.  I kept going back too.  

The China Cabinet:


A very beautiful cabinet as is, but it would be grand with some color!  Such as:

This painted cabinet that Bob Vila redid:


Or this China cabinet turned Library from French Country Cottage:


A dessert bar from Frog Prince Paperie:


Or storage for items such as fabric like this one (not sure where it originated from but I got it from Pinterest):


I think China Cabinets are one of the most versatile pieces of furniture out there.  Especially if you love to repurpose!

Here are a few other fun finds from Salvation Army:


A quick spray of paint and this lamp would have been great!

This book was hilarious!  


After a fun day thrifting, we stopped at our favorite fast food joint!


A great trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment