Thursday, August 23, 2012

Goodwill Hunting and Undeserved Blessings

I was on my way to Costco today and ended up making a detour to the Goodwill in Capitola.  While this Goodwill normally has some cute clothes, they don't carry much furniture.  Here are a couple of photos of a fairly uneventful thrift day.  (insert sobs here)


This cute little luggage holder was only $5.25!  I was so tempted, but it would have ended up sitting in storage until we have a house. 


These little bears were really sweet.  I tried to sell my daughter on them since she was insisting upon buying a beanie baby.  She ended up getting a little black cat.  Oh well.


This top was adorable but the sleeves were just a bit too, ahem, snug on my arms (it's all the spinach eating and weight lifting that I participate in... LOL).  My sister ended up with it!  Lucky, skinny her.  I mean that in the most loving way possible.


No jokes about the phone either!  Two more months, people.  Two more months 'til I get my free SMART PHONE!  Woo hoo!

On another note, I've doubled my "followers" overnight thanks to my last posting!  I now have, not 2 followers... but 4 followers!  Ha, ha, ha!  Thanks Mom and Diana!  LOL!  But seriously, thanks to everyone who reads my blog.  It really encourages me and blows my mind away that I have so many people reading already! 

It's a really enjoyable hobby that I'm beginning to appreciate so much.  Sometimes I feel discouraged that I am unable to decorate a home of my own, but I know that it's all in God's timing and that I will appreciate our house so much more when we finally have it. 

When I owned my townhouse (before I quit my job back in 2006) I kind of took it for granted.  I mean, I was only 27 when I bought it.  That's probably why I didn't think much of it.  I didn't really feel the need to cry out to God.  But now, after the struggles that my husband and I went through and are still recovering from, I know that I'll be able to see things for what they truly are.  An undeserved blessing.  

'Til then, I have Pinterest. ; )

*SIGH*



No comments:

Post a Comment