Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Flowers and Froggy Fog

I planted bulbs and tubers today.  I had to plant them all in gopher proof beds because those little rascals get everything here!

The previous tenant left an old tub.  Kind of cool!  Perfect for my Tulips!


I'm hoping these Irises actually make it.  I dug them up from my mom's house about 10 days ago.  I guess we'll soon see!



I've been doing a lot of research on flowers that are more gopher tolerant.  I think I'll have to do a post on them because I never found a site that would just show you a photo of the flower beside the name.  I'm not all that knowledgeable on plants so matching up a name to an image was very difficult for me. I had to keep going back and forth between websites and Google Images.  That was a little annoying.  But I digress.

I planted Irises and Tulips and Amaryllis.  The amaryllis (Naked Ladies) are actually one of the top plants that gophers don't like to eat so I ended up planting them along the fence rather than in a planter.  We'll see how that goes once things start blooming next year!

I was about to start painting the console table that my hubby is helping me fix up but the fog started rolling in.  Luckily my daughter has an internal fog horn because I had just begun to paint when she started yelling, "Mama, it's getting froggy!  Mama, the frog is coming!"

Boy was she right!


I thought I could beat it but there was no way.


Oh well, it sure is beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment