Sunday, November 4, 2012

My Favorite Day

Do I really need to explain why today is my favorite day of the year?  ; )  Ok, some people might be reading this later on so I need to state that today is daylight savings.  "Spring forward, fall back."  I LOVE FALL BACK!  One extra hour of sleep?  Yes, please!  Needless to say, my LEAST favorite day comes in the springtime.  LOL!

Today was a beautiful Indian Summer day.  It was 86 degrees!  Pretty hot for November but also quite a lovely blessing.  The next few days are supposed to be hot as well so I'm hoping to get some painting done.  We have an old console and an old dresser that we chose paint colors for last night.  I'm super excited to get started!

We chose Martha Stewart's Mimosa for the console (which we're turning into extra counter space and storage for the kitchen) and Behr's Cozumel for the dresser.  I tried to find a photo online of Martha's Mimosa but they're just not accurate.  They look butttery soft but it's a light chartreuse.  You'll just have to wait on that one.  But Behr's cozumel looks like this!


Very exciting for me!  They're both zero VOC which makes me even more happy.  I'm all about no chemicals and lingering smells!

So if all goes according to plan, you'll be seeing two beautiful pieces posted very soon!  Wish me luck!

Oh, and on a completely different note, tonight while my daughter made every excuse in the book not to go to bed (yes, she's absolutely my mini-me) she ended with a classic, "Mama, I have a bad headache."  I looked at her and I could tell she thought she had come up with the best excuse ever.  So I told her that she should definitely go to sleep because sleep is the best thing for a bad headache.  She tilted her head and goes, "Mama I have a BIG idea!  I can take medicine!"  Ok, she's 3.  I had to hold in my laughter and guide her back to bed.  She loves the taste of that grape children's tylenol.  Crazy kid.  I love my crazy kid!


No comments:

Post a Comment