Friday, March 2, 2012

Oh the Irony


So the title of my new blog is quite ironic.  I am sooooooo not a morning person.  In fact, until recently, I rarely emerged from bed before 11am.  Maybe sleeping til noon was a goal?  




The reason  I am calling my blog, "Breakfast at Sachiko's" is because I love all things Audrey Hepburn (that, and my original title was already being used).  Oh, and "Suburban Holiday" just didn't have the same ring to it.  Aaaaaand because the only holiday I ever take is to go visit my sister and her family.

So my current living arrangement is that my family of three is shacked up with my mom.  We moved back to California from Texas before my daughter was born.  Originally, we were jobless and unable to move out.  Now my husband and I have jobs (praise God!) but my mom doesn't.  The market is so sparse in her field and it's a constant struggle for us all since my husband and I are not exactly racking in the dough.

We received that horrifying letter back in October that states that your house is being repossessed.  It gave my mom about three weeks to get the mortgage up to date.  My mom had a packet to fill out and we've been waiting for the bank's reply ever since.  It's been almost five months and we're living on edge everyday.  Not a fun place to be.  

So here I am, with a constant urge to remodel this out of date house. It's frustrating not knowing what's going to happen to your home, much less paint and revamp the furniture.  So we do the best we can.  Pray and rely on the Lord. 

"Cast your burden on the Lord, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved."  Psalm 55:22





No comments:

Post a Comment