Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bees, Blossoms and Babies

When I was a child, I kept journals and loved books and stories.  Somewhere between boys and bills I gave that all up and replaced them with... well, boys and bills.  Now I'm married to a wonderful man and have a beautiful 2 year old daughter.  I find myself forgetting aspects of my daughter's life when I promised myself that I "will never forget that!  It was too adorable and too important a milestone!"  I had even started a hand written journal from me to her when she was just an infant.  I haven't written in it for well over a year.


So here I am, ready to blog about the things I love, the people I love, and God, whom I love the most!  I'll give you an idea of where my interest lie.




Two of the most precious people in the world are my daughter and my niece.  This is them awaiting the arrival of my other niece (oh and her mom and dad ;)).  These two are inseparable.  They are best friends and so are me and my sister.  It was all God when my sister found out she was pregnant just a short 4 1/2 months after I was.  What a blessing!





These are some shots of our backyard... the pretty parts.  Actually, the prettiest parts of these shots are actually our neighbor's yard!  Ha!  Our yard needs a good cleaning and some sprucing up.  It's been neglected but I'm determined to change that!


I love, love, love to go to flea markets, yard sales, etc.  It's like a constant urge and somewhat of a disease.  I think it's called frugalitis!  Anyways, it's genetic and it runs in both sides of my family.  Deep.  


I mill over magazines like BHG and Country Home and dream about my home looking like this:




That's Bee Cottage and House Beautiful followed the transformation.  I loved every minute of it! 


But alas, that's a far off dream.  But I'm hoping that by writing this blog I will be able to turn much of my dreaming and pessimism into reality and optimism.


I have to get going to work now (rah, rah).  Someone has to pay for my hobbies!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a bargain shopper too! I would love to hear about great buys you have gotten from garage sales and such.

    ReplyDelete