Monday, March 12, 2012

My baby brother is 18!

My baby brother turned 18 on Friday.  I can't believe it.  I was 17, closing in on 18 years old, when he was born.  He was only 3 months old when I graduated from high school.  How is he possibly 18???


He's only a few months away from graduating from high school now and is awaiting responses from universities.  I had this running joke that he was going to graduate college before I did... and now he's about to start.  I guess I had better figure out what I want to be when I grow up and get a move on!


We spent Saturday hiking at the Pinnacles and we had a blast!  I really hope to have more times like this with my family.





People with nerves of steel were climbing these rock faces.  It's truly spectacular to watch.




Here's my baby brother, Matthew, with his friend, Johnny.



This is the view of the reservoir at the top of the mountain and through the caves.



And another view.



It was really gorgeous.



My trip wouldn't be complete without an awkward self portrait.



Here are my husband and my daughter soaking up the view.



Matthew again.  Probably thinking about how he's about to begin a new season of his life.




Way, way up there.



Happy birthday little brother!  I love you and pray that you continue to reach and to dream and to sit and soak up the view!

No comments:

Post a Comment